Iron.io, Inc. (“Iron.io” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your information. This Privacy Statement describes Iron.io’s Web site privacy practices.
1. Web Site Covered
This Privacy Statement covers the information practices of http://iron.io.
2. Information Collected
Iron.io offers a variety of services that are collectively referred to as the “Services.” Iron.io collects information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web site (“Visitors”) and individuals who register to use the Services (“Customers”).
- When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, Iron.io requires you to provide the Company with personal contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Contact Information”).
- When purchasing the Services, Iron.io requires you to provide the Company with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, and credit card number (“Billing Information”).
- Iron.io may also ask you to provide additional information, such as industry, company revenues, or number of employees (“Optional Information”).
Required Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information are referred to collectively as “Data About Iron.io Customers.”
- As you navigate the Company’s Web site, Iron.io may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Company’s Web site (such as the Web pages viewed and the links clicked).
3. Use of Information Collected
The Company uses Data About Iron.io Customers to perform the services requested.
- For example, if you fill out a “Contact Me” Web form, the Company will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Services.
- Iron.io uses Contact Information for account access, service notifications, and other purposes related to use of the Services.
- Iron.io uses credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective Customers and to collect payment for the Services.
- The Company may also use Data About Iron.io Customers for marketing purposes. For example, the Company may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding the Company and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- Iron.io uses Web Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Company’s Web site. The Company may also use Web Site Navigational Information alone or in combination with Data About Iron.io Customers to provide personalized information about the Company.
4. Web Site Navigational Information
Iron.io uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information as you navigate the Company’s Web site (“Web Site Navigational Information”). This section describes the types of Web Site Navigational Information that may be collected on the Company’s Web site and how this information may be used.
If you have chosen to identify yourself to Iron.io, the Company uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the Company to uniquely identify you. Each time you log into the Services, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier that is tied to your account is placed your browser. These session cookies allow the Company to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Services and to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies are required to use the Services.
Iron.io uses persistent cookies that only the Company can read and use to identify browsers that have previously visited the Company’s Web site. When you purchase the Services or provide the Company with personal information, a unique identifier is assigned you. This unique identifier is associated with a persistent cookie that the Company places on your Web browser. The Company is especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, the Company does not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies. If you disable your Web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to navigate the Company’s Web site, but you will not be able to successfully use the Services.
Iron.io may use information from session and persistent cookies in combination with Data About Iron.io Customers to provide you with information about the Company and the Services.
4.2 Web Beacons
Iron.io uses Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of the Company’s Web site and interaction with emails from the Company. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Web site tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a Web site tied to the Web beacon. For example, Iron.io may place Web beacons in marketing emails that notify the Company when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of the Company’s Web site. Iron.io uses Web beacons to operate and improve the Company’s Web site and email communications.
Iron.io may use information from Web beacons in combination with Data About Iron.io Customers to provide you with information about the Company and the Services.
4.3 IP Addresses
When you visit Iron.io’s Web site, the Company collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, Iron.io uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate the Company’s Web site.
4.4 Third Party Cookies
From time-to-time, Iron.io engages third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web site. Iron.io may also use other third-party cookies to track the performance of Company advertisements. The information provided to third parties does not include personal information, but this information may be re-associated with personal information after the Company receives it.
5. Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials
Iron.io may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Web site directly or via third-party services. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Iron.io is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Customers and Visitors may elect to use the Company’s referral program to inform friends about the Company’s Web site. When using the referral program, the Company requests the friend’s name and email address. Iron.io will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Company’s Web site. Iron.io does not store this information.
Iron.io may post a list of Customers and testimonials on the Company’s Web site that contain information such as Customer names and titles. Iron.io obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
6. Sharing of Information Collected
Iron.io may share Data About Iron.io Customers with the Company’s service providers so that these service providers can contact Customers and Visitors who have provided contact information on our behalf. Iron.io may also share Data About Iron.io Customers with the Company’s service providers to ensure the quality of information provided. Unless described in this privacy statement, Iron.io does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information provided with third parties for their promotional purposes.
From time to time, Iron.io may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from Iron.io, the Company may share Data About Iron.io Customers collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). Iron.io does not control our business partners’ use of the Data About Iron.io Customers we collect, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
Iron.io uses a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on the Company’s behalf.
Iron.io reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if the Company reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the Company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
7. International Safe Harbor Certifications
Iron.io complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Iron.io has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Iron.io’s certification, please visit:
- U.S.-EU & U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks (http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/)
8. Privacy Complaints (inc. EU and Swiss Citizens)
Iron.io has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Iron.io, you can contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association at www.adr.org. This organization will provide independent dispute resolution.
9. International Data Collection and Transfer
The Company’s Web site and Services are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Web site and/or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- The transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
To facilitate Iron.io’s global operations, the Company may transfer and access Data About Iron.io Customers from around the world, including the United States. This Privacy Statement shall apply even if Iron.io transfers Data About Iron.io Customers to other countries.
10. Communications Preferences
Iron.io offers Customers and Visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with Iron.io or the Services.
11. Correcting and Updating Your Information
Customers may update or change their registration information by logging in to their accounts at http://Iron.io. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be handled within 30 days.
Iron.io uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect Data About Iron.io Customers.
13. Changes to this Privacy Statement
Iron.io reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. Iron.io will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Company’s Web site at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect.
14. Contacting Us
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or the information practices of the Company’s Web site should be directed to email@example.com or by mailing Iron.io Privacy, 325 9t St, San Francisco, CA 94103.