|Half Empty? – Winner of the Iron.io API Prize at HackTheMidwest 2013|
|Tweets We Like to See|
Analyze a persons tweets to find out if they are a negative nancy or a positive polly in public. Extract information about tweets to see what kinds of topics the person talks about. The application shows a trend over time of a person’s negativeness / positiveness.
- An IronWorker is queued to analyze a user’s tweets.
Results Page for @getiron in Half Empty? App
- That worker will pull around 1000 of a user’s most recent tweets.
- Each of those tweets get analyzed by the AlchemyAPI for sentiment (whether that text is considered positive, negative, or neutral)
- The tweets and their sentiments are stored in the key/value store, IronCache
- Once the worker is finished, we pull in some additional information from Klout and PeerIndex.
- With all of the data in hand, we calculate the final score using a custom algorithm and display the results!